Tuesday 31 July 2012

First month on solids





I turned six months old on the 4th of June 2012. That night, Mummy finished the last pump of the day at 3.30am, a little later than usual. Perhaps because she was tired, she ended up spilling 50ml of breast milk all over her laptop. There was warm, sticky breast milk oozing out of every crevice of the laptop!  She wiped off as much of it as she could. The next morning however, the laptop refused to start up.

Mummy took this as a divine sign that I should start eating solid food. The first week was traumatic for both of us. I didn't like the feel of the spoon in my mouth and yearned for the comfort of my best friend Tommy Tippee. I think it would have helped if she had used a proper weaning spoon, instead of improvising with the white plastic spoon that came with the bottle of Calpol...

Things got better once a proper weaning spoon was procured for me (a lovely yellow and green one from Boots; no stereotypical girly pink for me, thanks). Here are the foods I have eaten so far :

- carrot, sweet potato, swede, white asparagus
- apple, banana, pear, nectarine, peach, mango, avocado
- bread, breadstick, chicken, roast beef
- 2 spoonfuls of freshly squeezed orange juice

Not bad for the first month on solids, if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment